ASTM D2303 – Inclined-Plane Tracking and Erosion Tester
The LEC-2303 test system provides a safe, simplified test system for the performance of ASTM D2303 – Inclined-Plane Tracking and Erosion (also in compliance with the IEC 60587 test standard). This test system is capable of performing one or more tests at a time and removes the need for constant sample monitoring with automated trip detection.
The LEC-2303 covers the relative tracking evaluation and erosion resistance of insulating solids using the liquid-contaminant.
Designed to minimize operation and maintenance costs, the LEC-2303 test equipment is a perfect fit for insulating material assessment labs.
The system comes with the following:
- (LEC-2303) Test enclosure for the performance of a single test (including 5 sample jigs)
- (LEC-2303-M1) Test enclosure for performance of five simultaneous tests (including 5 additional jigs for sample preparation)
- UV filtered arc test stand safety enclosure
- Interlock to prevent unit operation with open enclosure
- Particulate air filter for test stand enclosure
- Test control station
- Digital voltage and current displays
- BNC connections for voltage and current
- Wiring diagrams
- Operation and maintenance manual
Lectromec offers two test units for performance of the ASTM D2303/IEC 60587 testing. Each of these can be updated/modified to meet your particular needs:
- The single-stage system (LEC-2303) starts at $35,000.
- The five-stage system (LEC-2303-M1) starts at $58,000.
To find out more about these units or to request a formal quote, contact Lectromec.